Saturday 25 April 2020

Sweet Christmas Wishes And Button & Bow Wreath

Hi,

I hope you are all well and keeping going during this lockdown, well today is the start of a great Challenge, run by the lovely Maureen and ends on the 30th April, a perfect excuse to fill your time and make a Christmas card Rudolph Days Challenge

Originally I was only going to make one card for this month's Challenge, as I was running out of time before I went to Cuba - obviously not realising what was going to happen a mere one week later, when all flights and holidays were grounded by the UK government !!, so here is the card I made :


Image : Penny Black - 'Sweet Christmas Wishes / 1996 (the original wooden stamp)'
Papers : First Edition - 'Stocking Fillers'
Die : Poppy Stamps - 'Stacked Gingerbread / Style No: 1309'

So for my second card has been created during Lockdown and an image I push round the drawer usually, not knowing what to do with it !! : 



Image : Penny Black - 'Button & Bow Wreath / 921D / 1996'
Sentiment : Penny Black - 'Winer Wonders / 30-087 / 2011'
Papers : Bo Bunny - 'Dear Santa Collection'

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, above all 'Stay Safe', Luv Sam x

12 comments:

tilly said...

I love the Christmas little girl one so cute, the buttons are perfect for your next card, well done. Also thank you for my birthday card, I recognize your writing lol
Tilly xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Sam, they are both fabulous but I especially like the second one - so bright and cheerful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

Cute cards for the challenge. I have just started collecting Penny Black images. They are so cute and I"m way behind. I love your belly band. [Bunny]

Sarah said...

Fabulous cards Sam, love the sweet image on the first and the wreath was just perfect for that belly band. Hope you will still get to Cuba once life returns to normal...whatever that is!! xx

Darnell said...

Ah, your little girl with the gingerbread border and pretty pp is just pure Christmas delight, Sam! And well done not letting the disappointment of your cancelled trip keep you from being creative! You made a really brilliant design using your 'what do I do with this?' stamp! Great pp again, too! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards Sam. I love the cute gingerbread men down the side of the top card and the design of the second one is brilliant.
Hope you are keeping safe and well.
Lorraine x

scrappymo! said...

Both cards are so very lovely, Sam.

I am finally up to start my Saturday. I have insomnia at the mo and was up more thawn half the night! So had a wee sleepin this morning. Now that feels better....

The first card remonded me as a sweet quilt I made my eldest for her big girl bed when she moved from her crib. The pattern was called Sunbonnet Sue. Your card brought back so many fond memories!!!

I LOVDE the way she trails the gingerbread men and the way you added them in varying sizes on the left. That looks so good!

Your second card is great. I have never made a belly band car but nkw I want to try. I liked the packground papers too. That was such a perfect image to pair with those strong papers. Nothing like the strength of a biutton!

Hugs to you and yours, Sam. Stay safe!

Maureen

Kathleen said...

Two really super creations both with great images and papers, love the gingerbread men and the super shape of card on your second. Lost the plot this month, normally ready with my post as soon as Mo puts it up.

Kath x

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm so sorry you've had to postpone your trip to Cuba Sam, but thank goodness you didn't go and get stranded there! Your cards are great fun. I love the little gingerbread men on the first (have been looking for some, so have made a note of this die) and the belly band and central closure of the second. What a cute button wreath too! Vicky x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What wonderful makes and their designs look awesome and very gorgeous.
Love all the Gingerbread people and that image.
Great fold on the second one and super stamping too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

Loving all those gingerbread cookies and cute buttons on your cards! The belly band is a great touch on the 2nd card too! Hopefully you were able to travel and arrive home safely in the midst of this chaotic state of the world.

Jules said...

Hi Sam

Two brilliant cards .. .. I especially love the last one with the belly band. Such lovely bold colours and a gorgeous image.

Sorry your trip was cancelled Sam. We had plans for celebrating Mr Heart's early retirement but all those went down the plughole too. But never mind. We are all safe and still here .. .. and that is all that counts in the grand scheme of things.

Love Jules xx