Thursday 25 June 2020

Snowmen and Dogs

Hi,

I hope you are all staying well, in these difficult times. I do apologise in advance, if I have made any spelling mistakes, only at the moment I'm working on my son's computer, as our's broke 2 months ago and I have had to use the Ipad !!, which is a pain, when it comes to adding watermarks to photos !!

As today is the 25th June, it means Maureen has a new challenge over at Rudolph Days Christmas Challenge  and it gives you all a good excuse to make a Christmas card or two, before the silly season starts.



The first image is : Penny Black - 'Patchy The Snowman /1996'
The inside image is : Penny Black - 'Snow Delight / 3536H / 2006'
Papers : Doodlebug - 'Frosty Friends'
Dies : Circular one, round image : Memory Box - 'Frostyville Wreath / Style No: 98418'
The die across the top : Penny Black - 'Snow Drops / 51-086 / 2014'
The sentiment : Joanna Sheen - 'Bravo Set Small / SD452'
All dies are covered in glamour dust

A couple of people have asked me, how i made the above card, well here is the back of it, to help you ;




This one was done as part of a Challenge, that I've been doing with 3 other lovely crafty friends and it was a sketch (I don't have that MFT die, so I used Stitched Modern Rectangle Stax by MFT) : http://www.cardchallenges.com/2018/02/wednesday-sketch-challenge-sketch-371.html?fbclid=IwAR3XHr7YFSi1cZNJJgG-a9f3PVFLTDP5lLwi2k461td16efPi6x3W0wA9QA

The image and sentiment is : MFT - 'Deck The Howls'
The papers : Bo Bunny - 'Snowfall Collection'
The snowflake die in the middle : Memory Box - 'New Castle Snowflake'#

Stay safe and thanks for looking, if you would like to leave any comments, they would be must appreciated, Luv Sam x

13 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Wow fab cards I am so far behind again this year with my Christmas cards love the dog one great design and layout. Found my knitting needles and making baby clothes. Found a few of my old pattern books on ebay I bet I find my originals in the house now. Have a good day

tilly said...

love both of your cards but especially the first one.
Tilly xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Sam, I love the fun snowmen and great dies on the first one. The second one is so cute, adorable little pups and great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh these are soooooooooo! gorgeous and very sweet.
Love both beautiful designs and all your super work gone into creating them.
They look very fabulous.
I just wouldn't know where to start with my tablet and posting so thank fully my computer is okay.
I do so hope your computer gets sorted soon.
If you ever gat troubles and can't post let me know and I will post for you or your could send me a photo of your card to post.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love both of your gorgeous cards Sam, especially the dogs. Thank you for you kind comment and for thinking of my Mum. We've seen a Doctor today, not that he could do anything as it's her very bad Athritis that is the problem, but he has told her that she should consider living on one level of her house rather than both. We'll just have to see what happens now.

Sue xx

Jules said...

Hi Sam

What lovely makes. The first one is stunning .. .. beautiful inside and out.

Well done on posting from an ipad. I can't even get a photograph on my blog using one, let alone adding a watermark LOL!!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I have made another card for Rudolph Days and that will be appearing on my blog later once I am home again to photograph it.

Hope all is well with you (apart from the broken laptop).

Love Jules xx

scrappymo! said...

Firstly, just have to say that I LOVE the name of the dog stamp set almost as much as i love the dogs!!! This is a fabulous card, so fun and very, very cute!

Your second card fooled me. I thought it was an aperture window to the inside card. But I see there are two different snowman images...where did I go wrong?
If you email me, I will go in and correct my description...

Thanks for all the work you do to make Rudolph Days a fun Challenge.

Kathleen said...

Two really brilliant creations Sam, I recognise some of the papers and I probably have some left myself. Two great snowmen A some gorgeous dies and design on your first card. Such super cute images on your second card and a really lovely sentiment.

Kath x

Carol L said...

What a wonderful collection of cards you've made for Christmas! I just love those window cards with the snowflake frame - beautiful papers and designs with the dangling ice and snow from above! The doggie card couldn't be cuter with those cute faces and fun papers X's 4! Great designs on each one and I'd say you're well on your way to having your Christmas card collection already!

Vicky Hayes said...

I feel your pain about the broken computer Sam and am impressed you've managed to get any blogging out of an ipad! Love the fun cards. The first makes me imagine I'm in a snowdrift, looking out at the snowman! The second is my favourite (I'm a bit of a dog lover!) and the sentiment is perfect! Vicky x

Darnell said...

Sam, your two Christmas cards are just adorable! I feel like your first card is three cards in one with the pretty pp front and insides and those die-cut decorations! And your poochie card couldn't be any cuter ~ four panels of cute, in fact!! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, Sam! Love that snowflake circle and how it frames the delightful snowman! The pups are such fun! I love how they're bedecked for Christmas!

Greta said...

Love both cards! The first is amazing & beautiful, but being a doggy person I have to pick the second one as my favorite! That sentiment made me chuckle!