Sunday 21 June 2020

Father's Day

Hi,

I hope you are all keeping well and that you have managed to meet up with some of your family, unfortunately we haven't been able to, as they live in West Yorkshire and we are in Sussex, which is a trifle frustrating, when all my neighbours have had family round

Anyway today is Father's Day in the UK and here are the cards I made for Alan (the Wallace and Gromit one) and his Dad.





This is the Challenge I was set by my lovely Copic / crafty friends, I chose Blue, Dry Embossing, Male

Image, Sentiment and Paper : Papercraft Essentials magazine 
Embossing Die : Crafts Too - 'Bone and Paw Print'



Another crafty Challenge from my lovely friends, was to use up my scraps !! and whilst having a nose round blog land, I noticed the lovely Di had done this : Pixies Crafty Workshop, Challenge 378, and she was kind enough to add a link, so I followed it and made the above 

I'm sorry about the colour combination, but it's Alan's Dads favourite Rugby League teams colours (Leeds Rhinos)

Image / Word : Papermania - 'Typography Clear Stamp - Dad'
Paper : Penny Black - 'Madison'

Di has asked me to enter her Challenge : http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2020/06/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-380.html - Challenge No : 380 (sorry for long link, only I can't seem to work out on new system how to link it, after it's been posted !! )

Stay safe and well my crafty friends and for looking at my cards, if you would like to leave a comment, it would be much appreciated, luv Sam x

4 comments:

tilly said...

two lovely cards for the men in your life, well done xx

cotnob said...

Two super Father's day cards Sam, a fun Wallace and Gromit one and the other one is so bright and cheerful, great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

A really super creation, super fun images and fussy cutting, art papers too.
Great card for the friends challenge , love the blue and yellow combination.
I live in West Yorkshire too.

Kath x

Di said...

Well done Sam! This is a brilliant herringbone card - all the better for also the paper pieced word Dad.

You can do a link after a post is published. Go into edit mode, which you will have done. Then highlight Playground, or similar and go to the bar along the top of your post. Before that though, pick up the URL from my Playground blog post and copy it to your clipboard. Along towards the right of that top bar there's a symbol which looks very much like a couple of links in a chain. Click on that and you get a pop up box which should show the word(s) you have highlighted on your post. Below that tick the URL option and then underneath there's a line onto which you paste the URL you have sitting on your clipboard. I think it says 'done' or something at the bottom of the pop up box so click that and it will close and you should have your link all set up in your b post. Failing that - stick to what you did in this post, it's not a problem for me - just that you may want to perhaps have a play in this post of yours. Remember, despite what we feel, it's hard to break Blogger - and the 'undo' icon at the top is very useful!

Hugs

Di xx