Tuesday 25 February 2020

Oh Christmas Tree and Yeti Or Not !!

Hi,

I hope you are all ok and I'm pleased to report Harrison is still thriving at his new school, his latest test results have been brilliant : Maths 92% and Science 89%, which is so good to see, as it means he has fully settled in.

Since my last post I have started volunteering at Age UK a couple of hours a week, serving the clients teas and coffees and I've started doing Community Speedwatch, catching all those lovely speeding drivers in my local area !!

I've made 2 cards for this month's Rudolph Days Challenge, where you have from today till 29th February to create a Christmas card, it's a good idea to get started with Christmas early.


Image : 'Oh Christmas Tree' - Whimsy Stamps ( I must confess it's an image I coloured in with Faye at one of her classes in October)
Papers : 'Let It Snow' - Dovecraft
Snowflake die : 'Castle Snowflake' - Memory Box
Ribbon from a reel, that I bought back from America a couple of years ago


Image and Sentiment : 'Yeti Or Not' - Lawn Fawn (and unusually for me, I've got the stamps and dies too, as they were on special offer at Dies To Die For)
Sky created using : 'Stormy Sky and Salty Ocean' - Tim Holtz inks

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to make, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

10 comments:

tilly said...

2 lovely cards and great colouring on your bear, pleased Harrison is settled. I have been a volunteer at a local hospice shop for 5 years and now I volunteer at a cafe selling low cost food with left over food from supermarkets. xx

scrappymo! said...

Your cards look fabulous as always!
I really enjoyed the Yeti card. Check my blog for a Canadian creature who lives in our imagination yet is widely know!

The critter decorating his tree is so sweet! You sure have some wonderful images made up into fabulous cards, this month.

Thanks for being part of the Rudolph Days Design team!

Sue said...

What brilliant cards Sam, beautifully done! xx

Kathleen said...

Both card have rally lovely super cute images, with lovely backgrounds and layouts with some lovely dies too.
Happy Rudolph Day.

Kath x

cotnob said...

Two super cards Sam, adorable images.
I'm so pleased to hear that Harrison is doing so well, you must be very proud.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
2 very wonderful cards and the image on the first is so sweet.
You have coloured it perfectly too.
Fab design also.
Your second card is a lovely shape and that scene is so fab and the little yeti's are so cute beautifully colured also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarah said...

Lovely to see you Sam. Good to hear that your lad is happy and doing well and that you are keeping yourself out of mischief!! These really are lovely cards, great colouring on the polar bear and, strangely, those yetis's are adorable!!

KandA said...

Two wonderful cards Sam, Adorable image on the fist and I love the little yeti scene xx

Brenda said...

Both of these cards are a delight! I so love the cute little bear decorating his little tree, so sweet. The Yeti scene is to cute and puts a smile on my face. Great inspiration for sure! Hugs, Brenda

Carol L said...

What a charming pair of cards for the Rudolph challenge! The little bear decorating his tree is precious and I like the snowflake embellishment! The yeti card reminds me of a snow globe I love the snowy ground you created for those cute characters! NJ on both!