Tuesday 18 August 2015

Petal Party

Hi,

I'm scheduling this, so i hope Mr Blogger doesn't mess me around. Today is the mid month point at Penny Black And More  and the Challenge is 'Summer Flowers' and as usual we have some fabby sponsors too :

Penny Black

All Occasion Dies

Crafts U Love

Marianne Designs

And one lucky person using a Penny Black image will be picked to be Guest Designer for next month, so pop over to Penny Black And More, check out the other amazing inspiration the very talented team have come up with and join in the fun - but please do remember you can use any image you like, as long as it's not a Digi


I've seen quite a few of these 'Triple Stamping' cards around i wanted to give it a go, so i stamped : Penny Black - 'Petal Party/ 30-113 Transparent Set' and embossed in : WOW - 'White Embossing Powder', then distressed with : Tim Holtz - 'Spun Sugar' all over and coloured in the flowers with distress inks : 'Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry', the sentiment is : Penny Black - 'Salutations / 30-014 Transparent Set' the centre of the flowers are candy dots and the twine is from my stash.

We just wanted to thank everybody, who has left us kind words - re the passing of 'Whisper', it has meant a lot to all of us (Alan and H too), as it's been summer hols I have not spent a lot of time in the house, the hard bit for me will come, when H goes back to school in September ?, we took Whispers lead, towels and food to a rescue centre and they asked us, would we like to walk a dog, so since then we have spent every Saturday morning walking lots of different dogs, which has been lovely, it will take us a while before we get another dog, but we will.

I must confess, i'm a bit of a nightmare, when i'm upset, as i get my credit card out and  for those of you, who don't follow me on Facebook, here is my new craft purchase : 


Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

15 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Sam, gorgeous card, a technique I keep meaning to try, must give it a go. Hope that craft cupboard is full now x

Squirrel x said...

Oh Sam, that is such a pretty card, and what a lovely effect with the three layers, so gorgeous. My heart goes out to you for Whisper, there is nothing in the world quite like the pain of losing a beloved pet, so sending you hugest hugs, but not my credit card. Hugs xx

kay said...

Your card is beautiful Sam, love the embossed detail. I am a shopper too when upset so totally understand but I want to know have you filled all the boxes?
Time will help with the loss of Whisper and the knowledge that Whisper's life was enhanced by being with you and the family Sam. I still miss my Sam and coming into the house is hard as he is not there to greet me but I have lots of great memories and photos x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sam, pretty colours and elegant design.
Your new purchase looks fabulous - is it full yet?
Pauline
x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Sam, love the pretty pink and design....love your new craft storage, looks fab! Enjoy filling up all those boxes.

Been thinking of you all, sending more hugs
Wendy xx

Debs said...

Stunning card Sam - fabulous technique and gorgeous colour choice.
WOW what brilliant craft storage - bet it doesn't take too long to fill it - if you haven't already!!!
Debs xx

Sarah said...

Good to see you Sam, I have been thinking of you. Of course you needed that fabulous crafty cabinet!! Love your pretty card but sadly, the cabinet gets my vote today!! xx

Jacee said...

Wonderful card, I do love pink, your cupboard is fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jules said...

Hi Sam

So very sorry to read about Whisper. It must be really difficult to suddenly not have your faithful friend around :-(

.. .. and as for your "huge" crafty purchase. Wow!! I love it!! I could do with one of those here.

Lovely triple stamped card too. Pretty in pink.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is so soft and beautiful sweetie <3 <3 hugs Pops x

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation Sam! Glad you are taking the time to walk different dogs on Saturdays, although I can imagine it might not be easy, at least it was probably hard to do in the beginning. I am sure when the moment is right, you will find a great pet to give a new home to. Sending lots of hugs your way! Wonderful new crafty purchase. I am sure it will be very useful!

Sue said...

Hi Sam, Glad to hear you are coping, it does take time and we found the only thing that got us going again was to re home another fur baby. (we rehomed two in the end). Everyone manages differently and you must take your time and do what suits you all.

This card is beautiful. I have never tried that stamping technique, it seems a bit complicate to me and I am 'a bear of very little brain'!!! Your colour choice and card design are wonderful.

Take care Sam,
Sue...xxx

Judith said...

Hi Sam - just doing my post holiday catch up - I'm so so sorry to hear about
Whisper - I remember only too well how I felt whe we lost or last labrador Heidi. Another dog does help fill the big space left - I know for me it was the walks and no one to trip over in doorways that just were so irreplaceable : ( ! On a happy note I do love your card - such a fab technique that I'll have to give a try - might even have to try the credit card spend too - it looks wonderful - hope you have a fab holiday hugs Judith x

tilly said...

so sorry, must have missed this, I am very sad that you have lost Whisper, I know how much he meant to you all.
What a lovely purchase , will it go in the conservatory??
Tilly

Sue said...

Love this technique, the pink is so very pretty.

You will know when the time is right when the right one looks into your eyes and you make that connection.

Your new cabinet is fabulous! Great new addition.

Hugs
Sue