Saturday 20 April 2013

Riding My Bike

Hi,

Well i was officially a disaster zone yesterday i got up around 6am, had breakfast, got H's lunch ready and decided i would have a shower at 7.45am, as i was walking up the stairs i slipped on something and banged the top half of my thigh ( i now have a bruise the size of a saucer), after my shower i thought i had better dry my hair and as i leaned down to plug the hairdryer in i banged my cheek on the wooden laundry basket, then on the way to school, i have to let Whisper do her business on an open grassed area, as she won't do it in the garden and a bird pooped on my head !!, so after dropping H off i then had to go home and rewash my hair !!

I wanted to enter the Challenge over at Papertake Weekly, to use only 1 DP, but was unsure of what paper to use, so today i showed H and Alan a few and they both decided on this 1, DCWV - 'Text Prints' (a very old pack), the image is LOTV - 'Riding My Bike', the notebook border die is from 'Whiff Of Joy and one i treated myself to (after seeing it on the lovely Vicky's blog and thought it would be ideal for men's cards), from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, when i was fortunate enough to win a voucher from them a couple of weeks ago, the tag is LOTV, but the sentiment is 'Paula Pascal', Candy Dots - 'Peppermints' and Distressed ink 'Tumbled Glass'.

Today's Challenges And Card :

Papertake Weekly - where the Challenge is 'One Paper Taker :-)'

Crafty Catz  - where Challenge No: 179 is 'This One's For The Boy's'

Stampavie And More - where Challenge No: 191 is 'For A Boy'

Simon Say's Stamp - where the Challenge is 'Travel or Cityscapes'

Lili's Little Fairies - where the Challenge is 'Seeing Double'

Cards For Men - where Challenge No: 8 is 'Anything Goes'


Image - LOTV - 'Riding My Bike'
Paper - DCWV - 'Text Prints'
Notebook Edge - Whiff Of Joy - 'Notebook Border Die'
Tag - LOTV
Sentiment - Paula Pascal
Candy Dots - 'Peppermint'
Twine from my stash

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would kindly like to leave, are most appreciated, Luv Sam x

24 comments:

Lorraine said...

Brilliant boys card Sam. The image looks fab and I love the design.
Hope you're not too sore. It's supposed to be good luck if a bird poops on your head!!
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Sam. I love the image and brilliant layout.
I hope you are recovered from your eventful day on Friday.
hugs Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Oh dear Sam, they say things always come in 3s, your card is fabulous I like the image the paper and the twine.
Kevin xx

Margrit said...

great card - the paper is perfect for the image - look after yourself xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sam :-) the image is very cute and I love the paper ,, lol the definition is perfect ! :-)

Ooh, they do say things come in 3's so you had them all quickly at least ! Hope you're not feeling too battered and bruised :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you have a better day today, what a catalogue of disasters. Your card is so cute, love blue for boy's cards and LOTV boys are so cute

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, love this LOTV image, so cute....
Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Claire said...

Oh dear Sam, you didn't have a very good start to your day did you LOL. Hope today is better! Love your card, great image and layout - perfect for any little boy. Hugs, Claire x

Wendy said...

Fabulous boys card Sam...hope your weekend is going better than Friday.
Wendy xx

Janice said...

Things can only get better SAm! Love this card, another cute LOTV, Jx

coops said...

so stunning sam.fab boys image and i love the twine and blue colours :D

xx coops xx

Nat said...

Super male card Sam, you've reminded me that I have some of those papers in my stash, i'll have to dig them out! Sorry you had a bad morning yesterday, although I did have to smile when I read about the bird pooping on you!
Natx

Jules said...

Hi Sam

A great image and I love the background paper very much.

Sounds like Saturday was a bit of a disaster day .. .. I hope it improved as the day went on and that Sunday was much better.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the image and colours.
luv
Debby

carol said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at Crafty Catz this week, hope you can play again soon, x carol

Wishcraft said...

Now I know I shouldn't laugh, but I have to admit the bird poop got me giggling ;o)

Your card is lovely Sam, fab image and design. Thanks for joining in at Lili's Little Fairies hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kiki said...

Wow, this is amazing! Love the supercute image ...

Thanks so much for joining us at Stampavie & more.

Hugs, Kiki

Sue said...

Sam, I have to admit I laughed at the way you told your story, but nothing funny about all those bumps and bruises. Some days it just does not pay to get up and get going.

Love this image, so darn cute, and the card you made around it.

Hugs
Sue

kay said...

Fab male card,love the border die. Hope you have a better week and totally sympathise with you as have managed to bruise my knee and have two burns! Must be the time of year x

thecraftycavalier said...

Oh blimey hun, what a day! Hope you're over the worst of it and have a better week :) This is a fabulous card; just love that image. Thank you for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Sam - your card looks great :)

It was lovely to meet you!!! xx

tilly said...

OH NO.......... what a day lol, hope things are better now, love this little boy and his dog, good choice of papers
Tilly

Naomi Johnson said...

Great male card. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Chrissy said...

I'm running behind Sam, and sounds like you had a really rough Friday..hope the bruises heal and go away fast...but getting pooped on is supposed to be good luck.lol..you poor thing..Fabulous boy card, love the cute image and colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx