Saturday 25 February 2023

Snowflake Window

 Hi,

I hope you are all ok ?, if not, then I send you virtual hugs, as Winter can be rough on a lot of people. 

I can't believe it's been 4 months since I last posted and boy lots have happened, I now have a beautiful pergola in my garden, I'll show you the before and after photos after the cards.  Harrison has turned 16 and has been accepted into the college he wants to go to, to study A-levels, pending his GCSE results. Alan is enjoying his new job and me, well I'm busy meeting new friends, volunteering and getting out and about visiting different places.

Today is the start of the fabby Challenge run by the wonderful Maureen Rudolph Days Challenge, it's very short this month, as it ends on the last day of the month and this month it's the 28th !! 

I've based both cards this month on a die - 'Snowflake Window' that I managed to buy 2nd hand from the lovely Jen Nelson (some of you in blogging land with know the name), as soon as I saw it, I knew I would have great fun playing with it -as I had seen several Stampin' Up cards using a die set 'Snowman Magic Bundle' and I wanted to make them, without buying the Stampin' Up set, as I already had a Snowman die - it's amazing what you can create, if you just have a rummage in your craft stash 😁 x



Just to let you know the blue card is smaller - hence why the snowman looks a little bigger 😀

Papers : DCWV - 'The Winter Matstack' a small size 4.5 x 6.5, not normally a size I buy (and have had them a while), but they were perfect for both of these cards

Die : My Favourite Things Die - 'Snowflake Window'

Snowman : My Favourite Things Die - 'Scenic Snow Globe'

Sentiment On Purple card : Cottage Cutz Die - 'Merry Christmas Santa'

Sentiment On Blue card : was one of the sentiments from the DCWV papers, that I was already using




Thanks for looking and for any comments, you would like to leave, would be most grateful, Luv Sam x

5 comments:

tilly said...

2 beautiful cards with that lovely die, I can't believe Harrison is 16 !! wow, so pleased he has got the college place he wants., it sounds like a busy time for you all xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh these are such gorgeous cards and very beautiful designs.
Love the both colours and that snowman is so sweet.
Great papers used as well.
Your pergola looks fabulous and what a great addition to your lovely garden.
Congrats to Harrison on his acceptance into college and lets hope he gets super results on his exams.
Lots of crafty love and hugs .Jenny L.

Sarah said...

Its always lovely to see you Sam and these cards really are fab. You are quite right about hunting through your stash and improvising!! I bet you can't wait to use that lovely pergola when the weather gets warmer. I can see Wisteria climbing all over it with scented honeysuckle xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sam, the the two colourways makes then look so different.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Your cards are so lovely. I loved the snowflake-themed dies...they are beautiful as are your cards.

The gazebo looks fab...always nice on a hot day!

Thanks for being a valued team member on the Rudolph Days Challenge design team!