Friday 25 February 2022

Xmas Pilgrims and A Snowy Scene

 Hi,

I hope you are all ok ? Well I didn't think it was going to take me 10 months, before I posted again !!, but finding another house to buy in Cornwall proved harder than we first thought - in fact we were technically homeless for 6 months, till we finally moved into our wonderful new home on 11th November and to be honest it's the best of the ones, we viewed - we are now 7 miles from Newquay and 8 miles from Wadebridge on the North coast in a fabulous little market town and our biggest project to deal with is the garden, as it's 30 meters long and up a hill, but hopefully that should be sorted by Easter.

I will always be eternally grateful to Maureen who bared with me for the last 10 months and kept me on her fabby team, so here are a couple of cards for this month's Rudolph Days Challenge, which starts today and finishes on the 28th (a very short month, this time), so you will need to be quick :



Image : Penny Black - 'Xmas Pilgrims / 3543K / 2006'
Sentiment : My Favourite Things - 'Deck The Howls / CS-348'
Papers : Bazzill Basics Paper - 'Countdown To Christmas'
Punched Edge : E K Success
Tree Gems - The Paper Studio - bought in America about 5 years ago
Ribbon is from my stash
Sketch used is one that Jules with a heart designs



I started this card about 8 years ago, when I did a class at The Glitter Pot (that does not exist anymore) and I never got round to finishing it, so my new years resolution is to try and finish some of the half completed projects 😂

Thanks for looking and all comments are much appreciated too, Luv Sam x

10 comments:

tilly said...

how nice to see you back posting, two lovely cards and the church was defanitly worth fin ishing lol, hope you are now settling in your new home xx

Sarah said...

Lovely to see you sharing your cards with us Sam and hope to see more too. So pleased that you and your family are settled in such a lovely part of the country. Of course I love those cute Christmas pups and your wintry scene is gorgeous. The Glitter Pot...that's a blast from the past. I bought lots from them back in the day xx

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sam
Of course I would wait for you to get settled in your new house. You are worth waiting for!!!

You had to go through so much to find your perfect house, I am glad you are settled and just the gardens to finish up. Maybe you could do some terracing to create flat levels in the garden and then landscape around them….

Your first card is so cute. I may order the stamp and create this for my daughter family card this year. They are animal lovers and have a dog, a cat, geckos, fish, etc
They will enjoy this card as much as I do!

I did not realize that the sentiment was a differing stamp. Will look that one up to see what else comes with.

The second card is so peaceful looking. I love scenes but am rarely brave enough to try them.
I have been collecting the teensy stamps you need to create perspective and really just need to take the leap. Hopefully your pretty card will inspire me!

Thanks for returning. You were greatly missed!

Maureen aka scrappymo

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love your cards especially the first one and those dogs are so sweet with their Santa's hats on and wonderfully coloured too.
Great paper used also and the second one is a wonderful scene and the inking id marvellous.
You new hose sounds amazing not sure I would like the garden though.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
PS nice ti have you back blogging.

Chris said...

Your cards are both beautiful- I especially love the first one- anything with dogs is a winner with me and this is such a cute stamp.
Good luck in your new home, we have had many wonderful holidays in that beautiful part of our country so I know it is a wonderful place to live.
xx

Bonnie said...

It's so nice to see you back at Rudolph Days, Sam! I'm glad you have found a new home and it's one that you are happy in! Your cards are fantastic! Love these pups and your Christmas scene is so pretty and cozy.

Carol L said...

Those spotted pooches wearing Santa hats are just too cute for words! Love the serenity of the 2nd card with the beautiful clouds and sky too! Happy Rudolph Days!

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely to see you back Sam and with two gorgeous cards to inspire us with! I adore the cute dogs card (and can see Eva 'helping' to decorate!) Your inky scene is wonderful too and the colours really do evoke a snowy winter day. I'm so pleased you have finally found a wonderful home and in such a beautiful part of the country too. Enjoy making it your own! Vicky x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are gorgeous! The puppies are adorable, and your stamped scene is so serene and peaceful. I would like to learn how to stamp a scene like this. Lovely work!

Lee said...

i have just seen your blog on my reading list and that you have posted.I can't believe you are in Cornwall.I am in St.Agnes.Loving your cards too.xx