Sunday 25 April 2021

Snowmen and Pointsettia

 Hi,

I hope you are all keeping well and that the future is looking rosier, has anybody had the vaccine yet ? I was 'Lucky' enough to have mine in February and the second one in April, as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, so it's a double edge sword !!  

Whilst in lockdown, I had some spare time, so I decided to make my cards for this month's Challenge - to be honest I was fed up with packing !!, I'd like to report that we are in our new home, but unfortunately we are not, at the last minute the seller refused to exchange contracts, so therefore we broke the chain and have exchanged on our present home and will complete on 18th May, then after that I will technically be 'Homeless' (in the meantime we will be staying in hotels and cottages), we are looking at new houses, but to be honest they have all gone up in price since we first looked in October, but I'm sure something will turn up.

Today is the start of Rudolph Days Challenge and it starts today and ends on the 31st, it's a great Challenge, allowing you to get ahead for Christmas.

The cards I've made this time are both the same design, but look completely different :


Image : Penny Black - 'Snow Very Good Friends / 1996'
Papers : Doodlebug - 'Christmas Cheer' and 
and the plain one is : Lili Of The Valley - 'Solids / Bonnets and Bowties'
Circle Die : MFT - 'Merry Christmas Circle Frame'
Banners made using : Die-namics - 'Fishtail Flags'



Image : Penny Black - 'Pot O' Pointsettia / 188D / 1993'
Papers : Bo Bunny - 'Silver and Gold Collection'
Dies the same as above

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

14 comments:

scrappymo! said...

These two cards are both so lovely, Sam. Love the pretty designs and that gorgeous die. I might just have to go online shopping for that die.
I enjoyed the nontraditional colours of the first card and the pretty soft colours of the second. Also, love the snow on the second card...so pretty!

Fingers crossed all goes well for you in the housing search.

tilly said...

both these cards are lovely and even though the same design, so different, I hope you find a new house very soon, and yes, I have had both jabs now.
Tilly xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely cards Sam, I have had my first injection should get my 2nd next month. fingers crosssed you find another property soon. I work in a solicitors accounts department the conveyancing is the busiest it has ever been. Take care.Sue x

Carol L said...

Both cards look wonderful with the same design and different colors and papers! I just love those little snowmen but the flowers look pretty too! Great job on both! I'm so sorry your plans fell through on moving, but hopefully something even better will come along soon! Think positive :)

Susan Renshaw said...

That die is definitely to die for! Two lovely cards!
We have been house hunting here after our move to Australia just before Covid hit. It has proved a nightmare so finally we have bought a plot and are starting thinking about house design. It will be a year probably before it is finished. in the meantime we continue to rent. Good luck in your house search...
Best wishes
Sue xx

cotnob said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Sam, a super design and great dies.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
such very lovely cards and both wonderful designs.
My fave is the snowman one as those snowmen are so cute.
Wonderful papers used on both and such a super sentiment die also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous card this month Sam, I love the sentiment die and it looks so different when cut in different colours too.

Sue xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful cards. Good luck on the house search.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

lichazul said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards congrats 💐😊

Vicky Hayes said...

I always love when people showcase different ways of using a stamp or die or whatever Sam, and your two cards using this fabulous die have such a different feel from each other, even though the design is the same!
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with house-buying troubles and wish you all the luck in the world finding a new home. Hugs, Vicky x

Mrs A. said...

Two gorgeous cards and I especially love the colours on the second card. We have had both our jabs now and our daughter and son have just had their first ones done.The government t is down to inviting 39yr olds now so progress is rapidly being made. Hope you find somewhere soon. We had a similar problem when we bought this house and had to break the chain below us as no one would exchange contacts and we were determined not to loose the house we had set our hearts on. We had to start a new chain and had a bridging loan for several weeks to cover two mortgages until we finally sold our old home.hugs Mrs A. P.s. We are still in the house we wanted so it was worth all the Agro.

Greta said...

Really love your cards! So fun to see how the same design can look completely different! The circle die is wonderful!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com