Monday 27 November 2017

Sweaty Betty, ooops Chicks and Holiday Hugs

Hi,

I am such a 'Muppet' i had made 2 cards for this month's Maureen's Rudolph Days Challenge , which runs until the 30th and yet I still forgot to post them, ooops, (I do have a good excuse though, will tell you in the new year, as i don't want to tempt fate !!), I would just like to thanks my fellow teamie Jenny, who has been paired with on alternate months and the lovely Maureen for having me along this year and it's given me a chance to get ahead too - well without further a do, here they are :


The first is an image I coloured, when i did a colouring course with the very talented Faye, but at the time i didn't colour in the headbands or weights, as i knew exactly which papers I wanted to put with it :

Image : Stamping Bella - 'Sweaty Chicks', although i like to call them 'Sweaty Betty's' after the designer leisure company, as i met a lady walking her dog, round the corner from me, whose daughter designs for them !!

Papers : DCWV - 'Rose Tinted Christmas Multi Stack

Sentiment : Penny Black - 'Festive Snippets'

Ribbon and Gems from my stash.



The second one is using an image I have always loved (it's the original wooden stamp too) and it also made me use a different combination of reds that i would normally use !

Image : Penny Black - 'Holiday Hugs / 942F / 1996'

Papers : Prima - 'North Country Collection'

Sentiment : not sure 

Right bye for now, as i'm off to sort out son, in the meantime have a good Christmas and New Year and see you all in 2018, Luv Sam x

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the fun penguins and fabulous choice of colours and great papers.
A brilliant design and another super image on the second card.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Love these pretty cards. The first one is so adorable with those cute penguins. MEthinks I need to take a lesson from them and get some excercisev too!

The non=tradition colours are perfect here and match the headbands etc. so well.

The second card is so sweet. Loving the circle aspect of the card and the pretty design and papers you chose.

Thanks for being such a great designer and do not worry about when you posted...

Christina said...

Both cards are so sweet though the first really give me the giggles! Those penguins sure make exercising fun. LOL. Your coloring is quite beautiful. Faye is an awesome teacher :) May you have a lovely week.

tilly said...

2 lovely cards Sam.....I have done most of mine for Christmas now xxx

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Sam - I 'specially love the first one, made me really smile. Lovely to see you doing a little bit of blogging - here's hoping you return fully in 2018.

Hugs

Di xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely to see you posting and with two fab fun cards too

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
Happy Rudolf Days.
It's been so nice working with you this year.
My you are busy lady with your house being sold and new one on the horizen.
They say it's one of the most stressful times.
So you take care and try not to get too stressed.
Your cards are very wonderful and what super designs.
Love them both as the images are sooooooooooooooo! cute and wonderfully coloured.
My fave has got to be the second as that image of FC and the SM are super.
Have a very wonderful Christmas and a super New Year in your new home.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

They are both beautiful Sam, I love the non traditional colours on the first one and the fabulous image on the second one - two super Christmas cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

These are fabulous Sam, love the "Sweaty Bettys"!! xx

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Sam, love the stamps and your fab colouring
Lorraine x

Carol L said...

The first card is so eye-catching with those great colors and papers and cute penguins, and the 2nd is a shaped beauty too! Great duo of cards!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Sam, sounds like somethink I’d do!!! Love the cards beautifully amde there, well done!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

MaryH said...

Both of these are just as adorable as can be. Really liking these hot pink penguins in their workout gear. Love the patchwork paper on the background. The Santa and Snowie are equally cute, and I like the circle design with the fishtail banner. A nicely unique card shape. I think I might guess a little at your news, and it seems Happy news! Looking forward to hearing. Thanks for your visit, as I've been so long MIA, I knew everyone would forget me. It's been a blessing that folks are starting to visit again, and I tried real hard to participate in the last Rudy Day. Hope I can be more active in 2018! TFS & Merry Christmas.

KandA said...

Two gorgeous cards Sam. Merry christmas xx

Ellibelle said...

Two beautiful cards Sam, such cute images and wonderful designs.