Sunday 5 July 2020

Party Animals - Part 2

Hi, 

I hope you are all staying safe and well ? I had to contact 'Quack' during Lockdown as my Menopausal symptons seemed to be accelerating. From yesterday we were allowed to have our hair cut, so a couple of weeks ago I contacted my hairdresser and yipee she has booked me in for Thursday 9th July at 2pm and I so can't wait, as it's not been coloured (as I can't use any bleach on it) or cut for 19 weeks !! 

I loved the Lawn Fawn - 'Party Animals' I purchased at the start of Lockdown so much I decided to use it, to make a couple of my cards : 

My first card is a sketch I followed, a Challenge set by my lovely friend Kay, during Lockdown to keep me sane ;-) ; http://www.cardchallenges.com/2018/02/wednesday-sketch-challenge-sketch-371.html?fbclid=IwAR0n0tTDwahsv7pAK3Grz3CYURM3o7it2Rw7qKD0VrqUfLOT25AMBpfRvlU

 
Dies to make windown : MFT - 'Stitched Mod Rect Stax'
Paper : Basic Grey - 'Cupcake'
Ribbon : DCWV - 'Sports'
Banner Die : Poppystamps - 'Party Lanterns'
Star Border : Marianne Design - LR0134
Sentiment : LOTV - 'Circular Greetings'

The second card was made for Alan's friend of 30 years, to cheer him up, after he came out of hospital, as he got COVID 19 and when Alan found out he was told that they were give him another 24 hours on the ventillator in intensive care and if he didn't improve, he was going to pallative care - fortunately he pulled through 


Paper : Papermania - 'For Him'
Sentiment Die : Penny Black - 'Doodles / 51-128'

Thanks for looking and for any comments, you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x


5 comments:

tilly said...

two lovely cards, I love the bright papers on your animals and the nice layout and masculine feel on the second, that sounds like a close shave getting better.
I have my hair cut on the 14th.... roll on!
xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Sam, fun party animals and two lovely, bright and cheerful designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

So adorable Sam, cute little images and great colouring..glad you can get your haircut, I had mine cut 2 weeks ago and feel so much better..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great cards Sam. Was so happy when my hairdresser rang me last week to say my appointment for Saturday 11th would go ahead. x

Kathleen said...

Two really gorgeous cards Sam, such cute images and really lovely designs, great papers and colours too.
Lucky you, I have to wait till the 20th of July for my appointment, Same here with the length of time but I can not decide if my roots are grey or white. A couple of weeks ag I did think that I may leave my hair a little longer (as it had grown a bit) but now after looking in the mirror on a morning the answer is "no I will not"

Take care.

Kath x