Sunday 3 March 2019

Pet Sympathy

Hi,

I'm very sorry, but this is a sad post, especially for those of you, who are animal lovers.

There are times, when you buy a stamp set, but you also hope you don't have to use it, well unfortunately I'm having too - my lovely friend Nicky texted me on Wednesday, to let me know that her Boston Terrier 'Darcy', (who would only play with my dog Clio, so we used to try and meet up every couple of weeks for a walk), had been hit by a car and that the impact was too much for her, I must confess I burst into tears, as she was such a character.

Anyway here is the card I have made for Nicky and her partner Rob :


Image : Sunny Studio - 'Pet Sympathy'
Punched : EK Success - 'Paw Print'
Paper : DCWV - 'Black & White Prints'

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to leave, would be very much appreciated, Luv Sam x

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sad for your friend Sam but I am sure this perfect sympathy card will do a good job of letting them know you are thinking of them xx

KandA said...

A wonderful card for such a sad occasion xx

Jo said...

Aw, Sam, I'm so sorry to read that....you're all in my thoughts. Your card is beautiful & I'm sure it'll bring some comfort to your friends. Sending you hugs xx

tilly said...

How sad, a lovely card which I am sure will be a comfort to them
Tilly x

Kathleen said...

What a really lovely card, a great image and sentiment and love the paws border, I am sorry you have had to use it too. Sorry that Clio has lost a friend.

Kath x

Sue said...

Oh Sam, this is a sad post, but your card is perfect and I am sure that your friend will appreciate getting it so much.

Hugs
Sue

Darnell said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about what happened to Nicky and Rob's beloved Darcy. That happened to my very first dog decades ago, so my eyes are filled with tears for them. It's such a shock. Your beautiful card will bring them comfort, Sam. Huge hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

A lovely card Sam and a perfect sentiment for such a sad occasion.
How sad, it's bad enough when we loose a pet to old age but how dreadful to loose one in a tragic accident, my heart goes out to your friends.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Oh no--that is so sad. I don't know how I'd survive if Fritz ever got loose & that happened. I know your friend will appreciate your caring expressed with this wonderful card. The doggy is adorable & I love the paw prints.

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness! How I love the dog print border on this card. Great design.

I know it is a sad occasion to lose a pet, but I think that a card is so appreciated by a friend and lets them know that you really care.