Monday 25 June 2018

Candy Cane Friends

Hi,

I hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather here in the UK, I personally really struggle in the heat, so I have ordered myself a Dyson Tower Fan.

Today is the start of  Rudolph Days Challenge, you have from today, until the 30th June to enter, there is always a fabby prize on offer too.


I was fortunate enough to be sent this die as a gift from a lovely friend, thank you - but to start with I struggled to know what to do with it and also how to show off this gorgeous image, I hope what I have achieved, you like ?

Image : Penny Black - 'Candy Cane Friends / 248K / 1997'
Embossing : Cuttlebug - 'Ice Crystals'
Die / Frame : Penny Black - 'Starburst / 51-155 / 2015'
Sentiments : LOTV 

The Challenges I Would Like To Enter Are : 

As You Like IT  - where the Challenge is 'Favourite Embossing Wet or Dry' - mine is Dry as I feel it can enhance/ lift a plain piece of card

Cute Card Thursday  - where Challenge No : 535 is 'Circles'

Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - where June's Challenge is 'Anything Goes'

Crafty Cardmakers  - where Challenge No: 214 is 'Wet or Dry Embossing'

Thanks for looking and for any comments, you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

15 comments:

tilly said...

a brilliant use of this new die, well done, I would have struggled with it as well xx

cotnob said...

A super card Sam, a sweet image and fabulous frame.
I will be interested to hear how you get on with your fan, my Mum struggles with the heat and we are thinking of getting one for her.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Glenda Atkins said...

A fun, delightful card, loving the image and your dry embossing. The die frames it all wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
hugs
Glenda DT

Darnell said...

What a fun and delicious way to showcase the cute image and fabulous frame die, Sam! Your coloring is awesome!! Hugs, Darnell

Elaine Stark said...

A cutie. a great border too. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Jenny L said...

Hi Sam,
what a gorgeous card and that image is so sweet.
Lote die cut surronds they look spectacular.
Beautiful embossing also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card Sam.
Sue x

Kathleen said...

Love this card, a super image, beautifully coloured and the EF and die is fabulous, love teh way you have done the corners different.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

like it a lot! Happy RD xxx

Deb said...

Super cute card, love the little postmarks in the corners!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

MaryH said...

Finally had a chance to get back to enjoy this sweet card. I love this wonderful & sweet PB image...and your coloring is beautiful. The swirls of teh candy cane peppermints as a border, enhance the image so nicely. Love how you've stepped up the corner treatment too. The candies show off that pretty snowflake embossing very well too. TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

What a sweet design, Sam! Love that vintage little guy with his big candy cane! The peppermint candy border is so perfect to frame him!

Brenda said...

I struggle in with the heat as well. I am curious as to how your like your Dyson fan. I am in love with this card! The peppermint die is so cute-really loving it and how you used it. Makes a great frame around your cute little image and embossing. I hate cold, but don't like the extreme heat either. lol But would rather mow the grass than shovel the snow. I guess we can't have it all can't we?! Or I guess some of us have all the different weather's whether we want it or not. lol Stay cool! Hugs, Brenda

Lin said...

What a lovely Christmas card. I love the image, have it somewhere myself, beautifully coloured. The cute little diecut frame goes so well with the candy cane she is holding.

Thank you for sharing in our 'embossing wet or dry' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

crafty said...

Love the snowflake embossed background. It goes so well with you image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary