Wednesday 18 January 2017

Charlie

Hi,

Sorry if i haven't been around, but last Monday the painter came in and said he could do our bedroom and computer room this Monday, so Alan and i said 'Yes', then when he left we went 'Oh S**t' we are going to have to clear 11 and a half years of rubbish in a week !!, to say we have been ruthless, is an understatement.

Today we are mid point of the Penny Black And More Challenge for January, which is 'Anything Goes' and the sponsors are :

Penny Black

Crafty Ribbon 

Tattered Lace

And one lucky person using a Penny Black image will be picked to be Guest Designer for next month, so pop over to Penny Black And More and check out the other amazing inspiration the very talented team have come up with and join in the fun - but please do remember, you can use any image you like, except Digi's.



Alan and I have been invited to a joint 40th Birthday party at the end of the month and this is the first card i've made, the image is : Penny Black - 'Charlie / 40-307 / 2014', the shape is : Tattered Lace -  'Side Stepper Die',the papers are : Basic Grey - 'Basics Kraft Paper Pad', the film strip is : Spellbinders - 'Film Strip / S3-026HL', there is Happy Birthday vellum behind the film strip and the 40 is : Sizzix - 'Fruit Smoothie'.

The Challenges I Would Like To Enter Are : 

 Deep Ocean - where Challenge No: 146 is 'Anything New' - mine is the image and film strip

Stamping Sensations  - where January's Challenge is 'Coffee And Cream'

Dream Valley - where Challenge No: 147 is 'Something New' - mine is the image and film strip

Penny Black Saturday Friends - where January's Challenge is 'Anything Goes'

Darnell's NBUS Challenge  - where Challenge No; 8 is celebrating Darnell's 46th Wedding Anniversary, 5th Birthday Blogoversary - my never used items are : the image, the film strip die and the vellum (as it was a complete A4 sheet !!)

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

27 comments:

Debs said...

Fabulous card Sam - love the image and brilliant LO.
Debs xx

Shirley said...

A gorgeous and fun card Sam with a great layout. I am sure the person who is 40 will love it.

Shirley

tilly said...

a lovely 40th card, fancy having to move all that stuff and decide what to keep !!!
Tilly x

JennyH said...

What a cool card Sam, I've never made a stepper card, will have to give it a go : )

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sam, a great image and brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Ellibelle said...

What a great design and the image works so well for the occasion! Love it!

Paddington fan said...

Another fab card Sam, loving that image and the film die!! I'm sure the lucky person receiving it will love it. Hope the painting is going well, Jacky x

Chrissy said...

Ooo..I'm starting to clear out my lounge kitchen and dinning rooms getting ready to paint..now you have scared me..lol..where is al my stuff going to go..FABulous card Sam..love the image and a wonderful one for a 40th..love your card design too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Hi Sam, what a fantastic card, love the colours and the brilliant way you used the film strip xx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Sam, love the design and fab image.
Always good to have a clear out...I'm a bit of a hoarder....would avoid it!
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Love the image and the fabulous design of the card.

Kath x

Judith said...

This is fab Sam - love how you used the film strip. I bet you feel so much better after your clear out - now you can start to accumulate all over again lol xx

scrappymo! said...

Great stamp and great design. I love the film strip idea for the age...brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, i love this card! very creative and fun; never knew charlie was a PB stamp. you sure do find some great stamps!

Sue said...

Sam, what a creative card you have done. Love everything about it. Very vintage looking and loving the added film strip. Awesome.

I too am trying to get rid of "stuff". Many more years of accumulation, but plodding through. Can't believe the things we saved........ugh.

Hugs
Sue

KandA said...

Fabulous card Sam, really great design and I love your colouring of that super PB stamp xx

Darnell said...

Purging all those years is a definite challenge! I think I have the vapors just from reading about you doing that, Sam, lol! Your Charlie Chaplin stepper card is such a fun design for a 40th birthday! I love the use of the film strip, too, and your coloring is fantastic!! Well done using all that NBUS and thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have this as a digi and love him, fab card. Hope you are getting sorted x

Linby said...

I have never seen that stamp before. I love how you used it and the film strip with the 40 is just inspired. Love it. Lynn x

Mervi said...

One of my faves of Mo's images, love it.
Just perfect for "young" man.
Happy weekend;-))m

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey Sam, this is one of my fave images!!! I still have the card I made from this image on my desk for inspiration...I can just imagine him dancing! Thanks for popping in today and for joining the PBSC as well!!!

Lynne K said...

A great card, and a great image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

MaryH said...

A marvelous stepper card, and I don't believe I would have thought to use this image in such fashion. It's just perfect as you've staged this fella, and love that it's done in the kraft c/s. Love the imaginative way you've managed to display the important numbers in the frame. It's just so clever and well done. Terrific shading & highlights on Mr's costume too! Love it. TFS

Dora said...

Beautiful card and shape. I love the stamp that you have used.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Anne said...

Fabulous shaped card Sam. I love the muted colours and how you've used the film strip, lovely idea

Anne x

brenda said...

A perfect card for our Coffee and Cream theme Sam, many thanks (even if a tad late) for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Lorraine said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining this months Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
Lorraine x